Thursday, April 18, 2013

Marble Paper

Potty Training was draining Jackson and I and we were starting to go a little crazy. So, I decided to give a 2 year old some shaving cream and a little paint. It wasn't a bad idea. 

He enjoyed it, but kept asking me to "get it off his hands." I am hoping he gets over this "not wanting to be dirty" phase. His mom is an art teacher. He doesn't even like to play with play dough right now. ha! 

I had done this activity with my middle school art students. They LOVED and we just had the supplies for the activity at home. All you need is paper (we use card stock), washable paint or food coloring (food color stains your hands, we used acrylic paint and it actually washed right off), squeegee (we used a rubbermaid lid) and a tray of some sort to hold the contents of your concoction. I have seen people use a toothpick. (toothpick and 2 year old, no, thank you) We used a random pen. I just threw it away afterwards. We have pens everywhere! OH, shaving cream. 

We just put the shaving cream in the tray, picked the colors and plopped them in the tray, and swirled with the pen. Then, press the paper down. Squeegee it off and Voila! Marble paper! 

You can make bookmarks out of the paper, use as a background (mat)  for a photo in a frame, write a letter to a friend, etc. I LOVE this paper because you never know how it will turn out. Plus, the kids can get messy and still smell amazing afterwards. 

Tomorrow is going to rain in Georgia. Have fun!













2 comments:

  1. Love the looks on his face as he "discovers" everything! So sweet!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Love,
    Ne Ne

    ReplyDelete
  2. His expressions here are priceless! Love the activity!
    Love,
    Ne Ne

    ReplyDelete