I didn't realize that the ice cream I purchased had Red 40 dye. (no-no for our son….he goes crazy) So, I was quick thinking and gave him a bowl of frozen cool whip. He LOVED it and asked for more. SCORE! He didn't mind one bit.
Jack said "Come on, my darling" to me today. It was so sweet in his southern, 3 year old voice.
I haven't had to water my veggie garden or flowers for the last week because it has been raining EVERYDAY. I am not talking "light rain for 20 minutes." This is downpour for many hours. Everything looks great! However, I am ready to play outside again.
I counted all the diapers that I had left over from Jackson, donated diapers from another friend (left overs from her girl) and diapers I purchased (with gift cards or with couponing earlier in the pregnancy) I have 572 diapers. I researched with numerous mommy blogs and they suggested that I needed:
Size 1 488 more diapers
Size 2 340 more diapers
Size 3 1,512 more diapers.
I still have more gift cards, coupons, and Publix Baby Club specials to use to buy more diapers. While this looks overwhelming, I didn't even know about this count (no Pinterest in 2011) and just figured it out as I went along in the 1st year. I am such a rule follower and LOVE seeing these numbers to help me keep track. Sadly, I only have one pack of wipes. I go through wipes like a MAD WOMAN.
It will all work out (always does) and I will be fine. I am just in nesting overdrive and feel very far behind. Let's just say there is still a piano in the nursery. If she comes early, she has a bed to sleep in and a carseat to make it home in. I will be fine.

No comments:
Post a Comment