Sitting in the waiting room at the GI doctor, I listened to old ladies chatting about their gossip for the week and old men starring me down wondering why I was in the waiting room. I was so out of place.
And, this is Mommy time. I have to take care of myself. I have Celiac disease and have been feeling some feelings that I thought I had gotten over with my gluten free diet. Well, I went to the GI doc and they had to draw blood, I have to give them specimens to check (who would want THAT job?!?) and then drink Barium which is like chalk. I have to drink Barium for my CT scan on Monday. They will be checking my abdomen for any abnormalities.
All that to say, listen to your body. If something is not right, get it checked out.
I am not a fan on Colon cancer (who is, right?!?) My great aunt died with colon cancer at 44 and my aunt on the other side had colon cancer. I WILL NOT take this for granted.
Yep, this doesn't embarrass me to talk about it. I feel like colon cancer is nothing to joke about. I am 28 and plan to be here for a long time. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment