As some of you know, we renovated my husband's childhood home for his parents to sell. They had renters in it for 12 years. It needed a lot of renovations in order for it to sell and be ready to go. At first, it was just a design job and then it became "my baby." I always wanted to going to interior design. However, I knew that it took up a lot of time, and the deadlines were not always set in stone ( with contractors). It's a very flexible job and that's great if you don't have kids. However, I will always remember this project that my husband and I got to experience together. My parents were rock stars in helping take care of my boy during this 3 month project. I had the freedom to design anything I wanted and put my all into making it beautiful!
My hubs and I painted the upstairs for a week straight (sometimes 12 hours a day) We knew a painting crew would be worth it for the entire downstairs.
Every light switch and every electrical outlet were exchanged for white ones. Every light fixture in the house has been replaced to have a new and updated look. Every surface in the home has been painted. New carpet and hardwood floors have been added. Every bathroom has a new countertop and toilets. Outside, the landscaping has been freshly cut and trimmed like it had a spa day.
I know I'm probably forgetting something but it was amazing to think about the very first day we walked in the house. We could only staying there about 10 minutes because the fleas were so bad. I'm not sure how these renters even lived in this place. They left trash everywhere and the carpet looked horrible. All the walls were painted crazy colors and I knew we had a big job.
I am pleased with the results. However, please do not ask me to completely renovate your house. This is a special project for some very special people. And, my job is to be a stay-at-home mom right now. I enjoyed this project very much but this is the one and only time. :-) We got a lot of debt taken care of by taking on this project too! Go, Dave Ramsey!
So, below was my most favorite room that I redesigned. We are on a tight budget, but we didn't overlook on the important details. There are stainless steel appliances, along with a beautiful butcher block countertop from IKEA, hardwood floors, and a white skirt sink, also from IKEA. The color is so inviting and calming. We only have 5 more knobs to put on the cabinets, but I didn't think you would mind. This kitchen was a labor of love. All the wallpaper had to be ripped down, all the "wood" backsplash had to be removed. I had the crew add the bead board for the back splash. And all of the knobs were identical to the old knobs, except they were silver. I totally didn't even recognize that I picked out the same knobs until after I had purchased them and started switching them out. I just love the way they look. The cabinets had a bazillion coats of paint on them. I think the painters were getting slightly upset we had pickiness about how they looked, however, in the end, they look brand-new. The floors are hardwood floors and they are gorgeous. The guys also installed the microwave over the oven. I wasn't sure how that would fit and if it would look good, but it definitely does! Our crew was amazing and I am grateful for their services. So, who wants to buy it?? Atlanta area!! More photos of this 5B/2.5 Bath coming soon!!
AFTER!!!!!!!!
Please excuse my iPhone photos. I will post my DSLR photos later. :-)







No comments:
Post a Comment