It was quite a Saturday for the Ladd Family. We went to a sweet little girl's first Birthday party (our neighbor one block over) and enjoyed walking as a family down the street to the festivities. It felt like "home" as a family to walk down the street on a Saturday. We did not have to say, "sorry, we have to work" as we have had to do in the last two years. It is so refreshing to realize that we can join in the celebrations together now. I know there will be times when Ben has to work and he can't join us, but for the majority of the parties, we will be together. We are blessed to have made it through this chapter and are joyful for this next chapter in our lives.
Then, Jack took a nap and I continued on my Operation: Organize the Ladd Casa. 2 years of working at night and being a mommy by day, never allowed time to get our home the way I envisioned it when we moved it. I have some breathing room now to accomplish those goals.
We set up all the pool toys/games/water table, etc and had our next door neighbors over for dinner and fun. Jackson adores his friend, Korra. When she is sad, he will pat her back and read to her. They are getting to the age where they can play together. They are adorable together.
We had a feast of a dinner and played a game when the "babies" went to bed. Now, I am supposed to be reading about how to raise boys, and instead I am reminiscing about the day. I guess I will try to get one page read before I fall asleep. That is normally how it goes.
Good night, moon!
Great post. Lovely day and you have it recorded so well.
ReplyDelete