I am happy to say that he is safe and in his bed. I am going to just think ahead and be glad that my hubby has the next 8 days off to help me guide our little guy to make the correct choices during his day.
I love Andy Stanley's parenting style and it is easier for me to think in this framework when all I do is discipline each day.
In his series "Future Family" he shares these parenting stages:
1-5 years: Discipline
5-12 years: Training
12-18 Coaching
18+ Friendship
5-12 years: Training
12-18 Coaching
18+ Friendship
I totally agree that by the time they are 12, some parents are trying to discipline their kids. Not going to work out well.
So, I will be glad when we are out of the first stage with both my kids because it is exhausting right now.
Now, to clean the kitchen and hang up the laundry because little man did not take a nap today. Life as a mom is never ending and very rewarding.
No comments:
Post a Comment