Monday, July 8, 2013

Life Proof, but not injury proof

I was helping Jackson out of the car with an arm load of things from our weekend trip. I accidentally dropped my lifeproof case/iPhone on my big toe. I had deja vu when it was dropping in slow motion magnetically towards my toe.  I realized it was going to hit my toe with the point of the phone. NOOOOO....yep. I think I might be loosing my toenail....again.

Summer 2004, I started dating the love of my life. I hoped that he wouldn't notice that my big toenail was gone because I accidentally dropped my THICK Art book on my toe.  Why would anyone do that on purpose?!? I thought I learned my lesson because after that incident, I now move my feet like a tribal dance away from falling objects. Are you envisioning this movement?! Tribal Dancing (26 seconds in)

As my foot is propped up with an ice pack on it, I hope that I will have pretty toes for my two beach trips already planned for August. If not, I will just do what I did almost 10 years ago....paint my skin and keep going.

I am happy that I have my good health and can be grateful for it. :)




1 comment:

  1. Sooooooooooo sorry about your toe! Hope it heals fast and the nail doesn't come off!
    Love, Ne Ne

    ReplyDelete