Saturday, May 25, 2013

More Twinkle

Potty training back fired tonight. Jackson absolutely LOVES to get rewarded with praise and a sticker when he goes pee pee on the potty. He asks for his "cart" (chart) and everyone has to sit down and help him decide what sticker he would choose. He gets one sheet to choose from. It is a big deal in our house.

Well, tonight, he exclaimed as I was getting him ready for bed that he wanted to go "pee pee in potty." I took him to the potty and he completed his task. However, what came next is still going on as I type this. You would think that he would be finished right after going potty. NOPE. He is currently begging me "more pee pee in potty.....sticker." He knows that if he gets to go on the potty, then he gets more stickers. (I have already given in and taken him. He looked up at me with a sweet smile. Did he go on the potty?! Nope.) Oh boy!

I went in and the only thing that would calm him down was to sing to him. I sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Well, after the first time, I hear "more twinkle." How can you say no to that?! So, after three rounds of the "star song" I said "goodnight." He is now back to stating he has to "poo poo or pee pee" in the potty. I KNOW he doesn't need to, but he wants more time with mommy and more STICKERS. Poor kid. I don't remember the last time he cried himself to sleep over something, but tonight will be another one of those nights.

I might have to turn down the monitor volume.


No comments:

Post a Comment