Ben and I have always read books to Jackson in the glider in our living room before his bedtime. Then, we walk to his room say prayers and put him in bed. The End. (there is a reason we do it this way, but that is for another post)
Tonight, I decided to try something different and read a few books in bed. Bad idea. I could tell he was loving it and I could see him glance over to the bookshelf a couple of times. Did I mention that was a bad idea?!?
I have already been in three times to tell him that it is time to go to sleep. He was sneaking over to his bookshelf and grabbing a few books and then piling them on his bed. Then, making another round of "book hoarding" for bed. Now, there is not enough light in the room for him to see, but he was so excited to "come up with the idea" to have books in bed.
The last time I went in, I startled him so bad he started whimpering like a puppy like I had hurt his feelings. I didn't say anything to him, but he was so sad and scared about me rushing in to him. I tried not to laugh.
I decided to let him have one book in bed. He ended up on his belly with the book under his arm like a stuffed animal. My son has been excited about books since day one. I love it. My little reader.
I am going to try and take a photo of this.......


How absolutely precious! He has been a reader, that is for sure!!! Love it! Love him! Ne Ne
ReplyDelete