Thursday, November 29, 2012

Stay-at-home Mommy

When your child is sick, it is so hard to leave them to go to work. I can't wait until May 2013.....I mean, I can.....and I have to, but I look forward to the day when I turn in my notice. I do not mind my job, but it is what I am missing at home that kills me the most. I look forward to the times when our little family is all together and I can do what I love best. Being. a mommy. and. wife. 

Ben and I usually say hello/goodbye and tell each other about what currently has been going on with Jackson (what he has eaten, times of sleep patterns, diapers, etc) If we are at home together, Ben is either sleeping or studying. He works 20 hours a week and then goes to school. Then, I run out of the door to go to work until usually 10pm. I knew that our life during school was going to be crazy for these 2 years. I am blessed with such a flexible schedule with my boss. I am blessed to even have a job to support my husband to achieve his dreams.

But, I am tired and I want to put all my energy into creating fun things for Jack and I to do daily. I want to learn how to cook well. I want to finish some projects. I don't want to miss a thing during these important years of Jackson's life. For the most part, I am with him until dinnertime. However, he is missing seeing his parents together at dinner. One day very soon that will happen. 

Until then, I will press on, and on May 18, 2013, you will hear a loud cheer and if you are with me, see happy tears run down my face. I will know that I was being taught so many lessons on perseverance and trust. 

I will be able to fit all the pieces of this jigsaw puzzle together and know that I followed directions from God and continued until I have finished the 1000 piece puzzle. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your analogy! So true! Loved being home with you and your brother when it was possible! Mama

    ReplyDelete