Monday, September 13, 2010

From Laura's perspective

August 17, 2010: We went to the doctor to hear the heartbeat. That special moment that you see on the movies and T.V. The parents either tear up or cry. Ben and I looked at each other and just said, "Look, there it is!" We surprisingly didn't cry. We were just very excited. That evening I had to hold in my facebook excitement and not post anything until I told my principal that next morning. I eagerly got to school early and turns out she had taken her daughters to their dentist appointment. I had to wait until noon to tell her! When I finally did, she was thrilled and sent an email out to the staff immediately! I knew that I could put it on facebook that evening!!!

9-13-10- Even 13 weeks into this excitement of a life-changing experience, I have not thrown up once and haven't been sad by gaining weight! I know......all you moms out there right now are throwing stuff at your computer. I'm sorry. God blessed me "this go round" without morning sickness! That is not to say that I won't get it for the next one. I am into my second trimester and am looking forward to getting more energy. I do miss having an abundance of energy to get things done, but I know that I need to rest now.....while I can!
Also, the weight gain thing....well, with my celiac disease, I didn't gain weight for 3 years. So, I don't mind a little weight. I have the healthiest baby right now. I can't eat anything that has wheat, barley, rye, gluten in it. So, no doughnuts, pizza, pasta, bread. (unless GF)

Cravings? Apple Juice, McAlisters's spud (only Mississippi people will understand), chic-fil-a fries, Mrs. Cathie's pimento cheese, my mom's chex krispie treats, and grapes. I was on an apple kick until I found out it gives you constipation.....so yeah.....I'll just stick with my apple juice. (TMI, I know)

My family and friends have already been so supportive! I'd like to thank Mark and Barrett, Charles and Quay, and Jon and Katelyn! I'm on my way with lots of the essentials for the room!!

I will hopefully keep this updated with new pictures and blogs with my journey ahead. Our next baby portrait will be ready on Wednesday. We have our 2nd appointment!!

For a future blog, I would love any advice you would like to throw my way. I have been reading and reading and sometimes it is nice to have advice from a person you know!

-Mom-to-be

1 comment:

  1. laura! i am so excited you have a blog:) !! love the blocks. i am so missing your company so let's have date soon! and i am about to post my first 'post' on blogspot too! i am finally ready to start it up now that i have family pics too share-thanks to you!!!

    ReplyDelete